Android Question Why can't user install my app on his OnePlus 8 Pro?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app in the app store since several years. It's not an overly complex app, it uses gps, geofences, notifications, camera and Internet. And it's installed on a really wide range of phones, without issues, also very old and obscure ones.

But yesterday the strangest thing happened. Somebody contacted me to ask why he can't install the app on his OnePlus 8 Pro. You know, when you go to the page for the app, the option to install it just isn't there. To me this means the app has some requirement that my device doesn't meet.

But the OnePlus 8 Pro is a modern phone that was launched in 2020, so it just doesn't make sense. Plus, in the manifest for my app, I have a single required uses-feature, and that is for camera. Something this phone have with absolute certainty. And for the curious, this is the model he has.

Can someone understand what is going on here?

PS. My app isn't updated to handle the new SDK33 requirement, I opted to push the deadline to November. I doubt this has anything to do with the issue, I just mention it for completeness and transparency.

teddybear

Licensed User
Try to stop goole play store and clear storage.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any side-effects from clearing storage for Play Store? He's not losing his account info or anything else bad, right?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any side-effects from clearing storage for Play Store? He's not losing his account info or anything else bad, right?
Nope, nothing bad.

I'll report back with results if I can get him to try this.

Upvote 0