Xbox Live app for WM

Zaam

Licensed User
Hello everyone, I believe this will be my first post here :sign0060:

First of all let me say THANKS to the developers of basic4ppc, as it finally lets me write my own apps for WM (can't afford VS as I'm just a hobbist in this field)

That said.. I wanted to share the first app I did with it, but unfortunately I can't include the source code as I'm not allowed by a NDA agreement with Microsoft. If this isn't a problem to you guys I will share the link, otherwise let this thread be a BIG thank you to the basic4ppc team, and I'll post again sometimes in the future with other apps :sign0089:

Zaam

Licensed User
Cool, here's the link to the latest version:
WM Live

and a couple screens attached. Thanks again for your hard work Erel!

Attachments

• wmlive_1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 301
  • wmlive_2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 319

Zaam

Licensed User
Thank you both!

can you please explain how you have done the list in your second screenshot?
Sure, gladly. Btw being my first basic4ppc app, it's all pretty basic stuff: for the list, I just programmaticly add 5 "sets" of controls (images & labels) in app start, and I have a global var to keep memory of the current page.

Also, I'd like to say thank you to a lot of persons in the Community: I've been lurking the forums a lot during development of this app, expecially to add support for different resolutions and for orientation (in the end, I used door + a panel that covers the whole form area)

One thing I really miss is the ability to scroll the full screen (kind of like the builtin sms app), so that a long list doesn't have to be paginated like I did. Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a way, but I didn't get to it yet

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
Zaam,
Let me greet you for joining. The images look *really* good. I mean, really. As the developer of bList, I will be more than happy helping you create the list using bList, and have your feedback and see your results. Let us konw which help you need.

Zaam

Licensed User
Thanks so much Ariel, I appreciate it! Your bList is AWESOME, it has so much potential. I'm excited to replace my list with your control: I think I'd need a second text line with different font style, and possibly a right-aligned image in addition to the current bitmap on the left. Think you will be able to fit them in?

Sorry I can post these couple things in your thread if you want, so you can better keep track of feedback. Thanks again!

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
I guess I will be able to implement them, but as I'm into a very big documentation project Erel had mentioned, I'm a bit slow now. But the functionality you wanted is almost fixed on my betas, so I can send it over to you when I get to finish it and you'll give me some feedback and so on till you got what you need. The most important thing is the second line of text if I get you right?

Zaam

Licensed User
The most important thing is the second line of text if I get you right?
Yes, absolutely. The additional bitmap is for a new future I'll eventually put in... If possible.

I'd be very glad to have your most recent version and give you some feedback, so definitely go ahead when you have a minute

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…