B4J Question xRotaryKnob problem with custom knob image (chicken knob)

Marc De Loose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying to use a chicken knob as image
chickenknob black.png
But when I run the code (just the demo code with my knob as cutomknom.

The knob smears as if the knob jeeps being drawn on top of one another. See image... this is after I moved the knob
knobgonewild.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Marc De Loose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

This is a mockup of what I am trying to achieve. The knops superimposed on an image like this. But your class seems to only work on perfect round custom images.
I attached the image of the chickenknob that I am trying to use in my project.

mockup_test.jpg

Attachments

• chickenknob black.png
    chickenknob black.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With the attached image it works as expected.
I set the background from transparent to white, and changed the orientation to left, geometric angle ZERO.

Attachments

• chickenknobblack2.png
    chickenknobblack2.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a friendly reminder, this thread is a QUESTION about a problem with a Library, NOT a Library in itself, as the Thread Prefix leads to believe.

Upvote 0

Marc De Loose

Licensed User
Longtime User
With the attached image it works as expected.
I set the background from transparent to white, and changed the orientation to left, geometric angle ZERO.
I was hoping to be able to use my knob background (see example windows build I made)
I have two knobs: the gain one with the problem and the Treble one with the white mask, working, but its covering my knop division background.

wetransfer link of the build: https://we.tl/t-qY3ooqJ33D

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I see your problem, but this is not possible because everything is drawn onto one bitmap with one canvas.
To maintain the background, it would to modify the class by adding a second panel with a second canvas, to draw only the button.

Upvote 0