Abstract Designer

stefanoa

Licensed User
Longtime User
In Abstract Designer when i click on an object (es. label or text..), the object moves one pixel to the left or up and I have to fix it manually...
thanks

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've witnessed this phenomenon on occasion as well.

It just so happens that at the time I was editing a layout of 1280 x 800 at the time.

Regards

Joe

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am seeing this too. It seems to be particularly when the combination of screen size and magnification results in division by or multiplication by half.

For example:-

Editing a layout of 1024x600x1 or 1280x800x1 both seem to be free of the problem. However, if I do 800x1280x1 I need to switch ZOOM to 50% in the Abstract Designer Window to see what I am doing and this then causes unexpected behaviour, most usually the TOP or LEFT value for a view decreasing by one when that view is selected. I could understand it going wrong when I try to drag a view around the designer screen, but not when I just click on it.

The same thing seems to happen sometimes when the native density is 1.5, 480x800x1.5 can cause similar problems.

There also seems to be a problem with dragging whilst ZOOM is set to 50%. I would expect to be able to position a view to the nearest 10 pixels at 50% (in other words 5 pixels on the screen is the 10 pixel grid for normal viewing), just as I can at 100%, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

In other regards the Abstract Designer is a joy to use and very quick to work with, just gets a little (lot) annoying at times. It can be worked around with a bit of typing of values, but is less than ideal.

David

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes I can, although for a minute or two when I tried in a new project I couldn't.

Steps to take to reproduce:-

Start a new project.
Start the abstract designer.
Create a new variant on the layout 480x854x1.5 or 480x800x1.5 (seems the 1.5 is important)
Add any view to the layout.
Set Top and Left for the view to 170.
Click away from the view then select it again.
My TOP and LEFT jump to 169 then 168 the next time I do the same.
At 168 they seem to stop and don't change any further.

Further testing shows that it works (or rather doesn't work!) with some numbers and not others. 170 is bad, but 171 is OK then 172 is bad again. What's more confusing is that 160 is also bad.

I understand that we need to have the scale=1.5 for the appropriate devices, but does the designer need to reflect this? I wouldn't mind if it was pixel to pixel mapped instead of scaled if it was a quick fix for the problem.

It does also happen when viewing the designer at 50% for the larger screen sizes and this is more of a problem, unless the designer window can be made scrollable. an 800x1280x1 screen is a problem for anyone without a 27-inch monitor.

As an aside, I do layouts that are bigger than the nominal screen size - they go into scrollviews - the ability to scroll the designer view would be great in this case.

Thanks for your time with this.

David