Android Question Android 11 problem

FerGeoRi

Licensed User
Hello everyone.
Another problem, after Android 10, now it's Android 11.
I just found out that my applications that work by reading and writing in text files, do not work anymore in Android 11.
All the changes I apply do nothing.
If anyone has a solution, I'm interested.
Thank you very much in advance.
I'm sorry.
FerGeoRi

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you missed the point by quite a long way!
Well, yes and no. I did forget to mention one point that was obvious me but not to anyone else, of course. The new version also has to be changed to write its data files to the apps internal storage. This way the updated app can still access the previousy collected data. I assumed that the existing app only writes files to external storage so that they can be retrieved by the paid-for replacement.

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
.... doesn't do what he says he requires in post #12 above.
Okay - I have reread post #12. I don't know where this datestamp file can be unless it is in public starage, in which case an informed user could delete it before re-installing the free version and so continue unpaid for ever. But that is not what I was concerned about.

I assumed that much more data was involved - data that would have been collected and created during the first eight days of the trial - data that was related to the real purpose of the app. I assumed the reason for writing this data in public storage was to make it available to the replacement version, so providing continuity. Losing this data when updating to a paid-for version would not be helpful. I agree that nothing like that has been mentioned in previous posts.

No doubt @FerGeoRi will tell me if my suggestion is not helpful.

Upvote 0