Android Question App must target Android 14 (API level 34) or higher

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got this when I tried to update my app with API 33.

Status
  • You won't be able to release app updates (57 days away)

Date sent
Jul 4, 2024

Deadline
Aug 30, 2024

Violation
App must target Android 14 (API level 34) or higher

Details
To provide users with a safe and secure experience, Google Play requires all apps to meet target API level requirements.
From Aug 30, 2024, if your target API level is not within 1 year of the latest Android release, you won't be able to update your app.

Last edited:
Solution
You only need to change the value of targetSdkVersion in the manifest editor, and check your app on a device running Android 14.

As I wrote in a few other threads, if you are using a service then you will need to make some updates. In other cases it will probably work as-is.

Duque

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the same message, but b4a says 33 is recommended.
How to solve it ?

Upvote 0

jeruelx5d

Try the SDK Manager,

Search: Android sdk platform 34, and Install. After successful installation, you should see Android-34 in your configuration path.

Attachments

• 1720312787040.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I don't need to download and install anytjhing with the EDI SDK Manager?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
So referencing Android - 33 in the config path all I need to do is put the following in my manifest
manifest edit:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="13" android:compileSdkVersion="33" android:targetSdkVersion="34"/>

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did exactly like this (in manifest) and my app was approved.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did exactly like this (in manifest) and my app was approved.
Excellent! Mine was approved but the msg with warning on the dashboard was there still so I wanted to be certain that the msg was just lagging to disappear.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent! Mine was approved but the msg with warning on the dashboard was there still so I wanted to be certain that the msg was just lagging to disappear.
In my case they sent me email that the violation was fixed and a few hours later approved the app.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok I didnt get an email but now the inbox on the developer dashboard had a message saying violation now addressed Just took a bit longer to give feedback

Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I wrote in a few other threads, if you are using a service then you will need to make some updates. In other cases it will probably work as-is.
My app uses Http_Utils2_Service, Share_Handler_Service and Starter service.

Can anyone advise what I need to do in addition to:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="13" android:compileSdkVersion="33" android:targetSdkVersion="34"/>

in Manifest.

Thanks in anticipation...

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just that. And test your app after it.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…