Android Question New apps must target Android 13 (API level 33) Notification even if uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="33"

jeruelx5d

I have this in-app manifest <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="33"/>
But I still receive the notification from Google "Your app doesn't adhere to Google Play Developer Program policies. We will take action unless you fix violations before the deadlines."

Please enlighten me.

Thank you very much, everyone.

Hadi57

I have this in-app manifest <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="33"/>
But I still receive the notification from Google "Your app doesn't adhere to Google Play Developer Program policies. We will take action unless you fix violations before the deadlines."

Please enlighten me.

It seems to be a Google bug.

Upvote 0

Sales Bennett

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope so, I have redownload java and Android SDK. Checked the Manifest xml is the same as the Manifest editor. I still get the heavy policy violation warning when I publish.

Upvote 0

pliroforikos

Licensed User
Ι have the same issue in 2 apps. I think we need to give some time to play store to check apps after uploading the new version. They will send new messages for each app.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

Please enlighten me.

Check the release details in your developer console. That will tell you if the update is targeting SDK 33.
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 8.34.35 am.png

I've just updated a bunch of my apps & they all show Target SDK 33 in the release details, but the warning is still there. I think it's just taking them some time to update the warnings. You'd think they'd do that as they review & approve the releases (all mine have been approved), but it seems not. I had a similar issue a couple of months ago & I ended up contacting them & asking them to remove the warning, which they did.

- Colin.

Upvote 0