Apps installed and licensing

Davey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm new to Android but an experienced VB programmer. I have 3 questions to ask and then I'm in.

Is there a function to read the apps installed to add to a list view?

Is there a function to read running app and then close them like an app killer?

If I purchase a single developer licence am I able to install on two different computers although I will still be the sole user.

Thanks

Davey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any pointers on how to list all the usable applications installed so I can add to a list view.

I had an idea of searching directories for *.apk files and then opening the androidmainifest.xml file to get app data and icon location. If I use File.DirInternal it does not go high enough in the directory to allow finding apk files. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Davey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks that worked a treat, hopefully the last question. Am I able to use a similar method to get the installed programs icon bitmap to add to a list?

Upvote 0

Davey

Licensed User
Longtime User
This has been driving me crazy. I basically want to create a simple menu application with user defined applications in. So I need to know all installed apps, there location, and the icon png file. Ive racked my brains to try and find a way around the security permissions but had no joy. Ive seen other similar applications so I know its possible just cant figure out how. Can anyone shed any light or pointers on how they did it?

Upvote 0