Auto install shortcut with application

Chmava

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

i have search but could not find an answer.

how do we get android application to also install a shortcut when installing application?

Like B4A-Bridge, it auto install a shortcut when installing application.

Any answer is appreciated! Thank You.

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you submit your app to GooglePlayStore , then user downloads the app and it installs automatically with an icon . Otherwise if you want to install privately then you should use b4a bridge itself .

Upvote 0

Chmava

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you submit your app to GooglePlayStore , then user downloads the app and it installs automatically with an icon . Otherwise if you want to install privately then you should use b4a bridge itself .

Thank you, but why do my device ask to install it when the emulator dont?

also is there no way to write a program to auto install from a folder on say thumb drive and add shortcut?

Upvote 0

Chmava

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure which shortcut you are referring to. It is not possible to silently install an app unless you are connected with USB debugging. This is why you see the dialog when you use B4A-Bridge.

ok, understand, Thank you for everybody help!

Upvote 0

Chmava

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

IsItPossible

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if I follow this correctly!

Is it possible to install application shortcut once the user downloads the app from google play store on home screen! I did check other posts and it appears that we have to click on the app to create shortcut but is there a way to create shortcut during application install?

Upvote 0

IsItPossible

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does it mean the functionality is not available from B4A as I have seen apps creating shortcut right after they get installed from the google store.

Upvote 0