B4A/B4i advice / consulting needed

Louis Moskowitz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all

I need some help with B4A/B4I. I have been using B4A & B4J for many years but have only developed small apps for internal use by clients. We are now quoting on a large mobile application and I am looking for both advice and possible consulting from one of the members. If there are members who are keen to work with us, they should ideally be in the CAT/CET timezone, or an hour or two away. We are in South Africa.

The App is data driven and will be getting both configuration and content from a remote SQL database. We do not need help with this (PHP MySQL Application with AdminLTE template and already completed the cost estimate). The App requirement is quite complex in its initial setup which has navigation icons that need to be styled and configured in the database and then used by the mobile app.

The key issues / skills we are looking for advice / consulting on are:

• B4X vs WebApp. I know the difference between Native and Web but would love to talk to someone who has developed both. Obviously could discuss this in a new thread if needs be. Key issue is around the development time. If someone could help, I would obviously share more detail about the App functionality.
  • If we worked on the Android version and got that working what effort is required to ‘convert’ it to iOS. Anyone with specific experience around this or are there tutorial / guidelines available. I guess one must be aware of this up front.
  • Specific skills with B4X pages and to what extent work done in the designer can the be programmatically manipulated.
  • Push notifications on iOS. We have developed on Android. Going to need to integrate push with our PHP framework and not B4J as I have done in the past.
  • Loading on the Play & Apple stores.
Is anyone with this kind on experience available to subcontract to us? I get the feeling that if we get the job, we will need additional resources.

Many Thanks

Louis

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have sent you a PM.