Android Question b4a beta 11 error

epiCode

Licensed User
After installing beta 11 I am getting this error on a project which was compiling fine earlier.

B4A Version: 11.00 BETA #1
Parsing code. (0.03s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (2.22s)
Compiling code. (0.07s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.07s)
Organizing libraries. Error
Maven artifact not found: androidx.versionedparcelable/versionedparcelable

versionedparcelable is available in b4a_remote folder and mentioned in installed-components.txt as well.

I reverted to version 10 but this error stays.

Pls help.

epiCode

Licensed User
Delete your Android SDK and download an updated one: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Uninstalled b4a
Deleted all instances of sdk anywhere in system
removed all path references like android_home etc
installed commandline..xxxxx...zip
installed resources....xxxxx.zip
set android home to that folder
installed b4a beta
paths configured
loaded old project
it asked for android-legacy-support-v4
installed with sdk
tried compiling again
Error:
Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

SDK shows as installed.

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Longtime User
Uninstalled b4a
Deleted all instances of sdk anywhere in system
removed all path references like android_home etc
installed commandline..xxxxx...zip
installed resources....xxxxx.zip
set android home to that folder
installed b4a beta
paths configured
loaded old project
it asked for android-legacy-support-v4
installed with sdk
tried compiling again
Error:
Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

SDK shows as installed.

@Erel never asked you to do all of those changes, JUST to re-install the Android SDK.

I would start again following the instructions at https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html , NOT doing Anything beyond those instructions. (except using 7-Zip for extracts is necessary, not just recommended)

[EDIT]
How you may have affected other packages besides B4A is beyond the scope of this forum!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
@Erel never asked you to do all of those changes, JUST to re-install the Android SDK.

I would start again following the instructions at https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html , NOT doing Anything beyond those instructions. (except using 7-Zip for extracts is necessary, not just recommended)

[EDIT]
How you may have affected other packages besides B4A is beyond the scope of this forum!
Hey Mike,
There are no "other" packages.
I'm just mentioned the steps taken which reproduce the error. (except the path variable).
Anyways, I've done a fresh install and its still broken and I feel it is because of some libraries which do not get erased on update, so ill be wiping everything and doing a fresh install as suggest in link shared by Erel.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
This error is related to an old library that is based on Android Support Library. You need to jetify it and also update the references. Best to look for a newer library.
Hey Erel
I think you are absolutely right - it started working fine after I removed the all support libraries and installed the ones from previous backup.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Mike,
There are no "other" packages.
Well you mention 'references to Android_Home'. That I would assume belongs to the Android Studio package. Likewise 'deleted all instances of SDK'. Only one SDK "belongs" to B4X, others may belong to Android Studio, or other Android development packages. So I mentioned that 'other packages' that used those resources could be broken now.

Upvote 0