B4A: False Windows Defender alerts (Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml) in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7460.tmp

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

since today while switching between debug & release I get some false alarms when B4A tries to dex/copy/merge some files. Defender then blocks it. Here I have to click on "clean project" 2 or 3 times and everything is fine until I switch again. Someone else with this behaviour? (WIN11)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It sounds like some change in your code now produces a signature like a virus so defender blocks it.

You should be able to setup a rule/exception in defender to ignore that file/directory so it will ignore checking those from now one.

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

since today while switching between debug & release I get some false alarms when B4A tries to dex/copy/merge some files. Defender then blocks it. Here I have to click on "clean project" 2 or 3 times and everything is fine until I switch again. Someone else with this behaviour? (WIN11)
Yes, I'm getting that also. Good to know that it isn't "real".

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If this just started to happen for multiple people, then that indicates that your copy of defender downloaded a new list of virus signatures and one of them now matches a B4x file and is false triggering.

So, if you can configure defender to "ignore" that flag, then somehow this has to be reported to microsoft to get them to whitelist it.

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Anything new on this? Now I can't compile at all in debug mode. The trojan file name changes as does the file in the tmp directory. This has become a major issue now as I need debug mode.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to have defender ignore the entire tmp directory so even if the filenames change, it wont trigger?

Or is there a way to get defender to ignore the "type" of virus, like "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml"?

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, this crap really has increased. I never ever happened to me before, but since a couple of weeks it started to be somewhat common. Very annoying.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Yeah, this crap really has increased.
Is this the "Writing on the wall" for a LINUX version of B4X? ((can't imagine how Erel would achieve that port, but, then, Its Erel ... should we just wait....?)