Android Question B4A v5.8 and Windows 10

kabron

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not work with B4A for a long time. Now install v5.8 on Windows 10 x64.
Great problems comparing with previous install.

1. Very long connection for the first time, hangs on "Signing package file (debug key)." for about a minute.
2. No steps, no breakpoints at all. Stepping and Breakpoints works only inside Sub Activity_Create and Sub Activity_Resume.

Logging works everythere.

Debug Phones were Xiaomi MIPAD and Infocus M810.

Trying to correct the problem, I launch B4A in Windows 8 compatible mode and under Admin with no result.

kabron

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v4.00 the same behaviour with rapid Debugger.
With legacy Debugger stops once at desired Breakpoint, then application in the phone crushed at the second stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kabron

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v5 Legacy Debuger works until second Breakpoint.
Rapid do not Brakes

jdk1.8.0_74 is old?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would you please post a harcopy showing the compile times? A lot of members have WIN10. No problems here with B4A 5.5. Please check your virusscanner and other programs running on your pc/notebook.

Most important: Do a check via Taskmanager if other programs are consuming cpu

Upvote 0

kabron

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had to degrade to v5.00. At least it allow debug in legacy mode.
Here is it's hardcopy

Attachments

• Hardcopy.jpg
    Hardcopy.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows 10 hasn't created any problems for me - all B4X products work just fine.
However, I should mention I have a lot of RAM available (16GB) if that may be of importance....

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not by denying the problems (issues) we have with B4X, not by fawning Erel's high level that we could be the best. Some weeks ago we had a young man wanting to resell free codes provided here, today some people are only confirming all is going well for them. Or this is a sect or there are stupid people. Lots of troubles never were fixed, all is always perfect in that B4X world, documentation is perfectly provided..... I really won't care more. Wishing you the BEST !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@lemonisdead
Sorry to hear that. I just stated my experience which has always been good.
In the world of computers and software and various configurations and hardware I guess there will be many scenarios and there will always be someone who faces problems.
Hopefully Erel will try to help out and troubleshoot the issue.

PS. I hope this is just a moment of anger and that we will see you here again soon.

Upvote 0