iOS Question B4I - IOS Development hard parts

arifkibrit

Licensed User
Hi, I bought B4i and today i bought Hosted Mac Builder. But i guess i still need an IOS device to Run and debug my code ? If i need Ios device why did i buy Hosted Builder ? I can handle it with a Virtual Machine... I am really tired, i could not finish such a small project cause of this things !

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need a ios device if you want to publish a app to the store or if your app are using features like camera which are not available in the ios simulator, so this can't be tested without an real device. You can also use the hosted builder to upload your app directly to the app store, where no connection to a real ios device is necessary.

You don't need a real device, if you have macos with the latest xcode version, then you can use the ios simulator, but again you can't test all ios features like the camera. But if you want to upload the app to the app store, you need a real ios device or the hosted mac builder.

But you can't avoid a real ios device, because it's important to test your app on a real device before you upload it to the store.

Upvote 0

arifkibrit

Licensed User
so if i want to test and debug my code, i should have an ios device ... then why i should buy hosted mac builder, so if it is just for build i can do it on my MAC also...

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 1

Sergio Haurat

Licensed User
Longtime User
I share with you that it is complex to go from Android (B4A) to iOS (B4I), I also did not have an iPhone device until a few months ago.

Something you have to do in B4X is “invest the time” in carefully reading the instructions of the different platforms. Many times, in my case, I instinctively think that I am doing something right because of my experience and it doesn't work.

I have a notebook that I did not use and it was compatible with a processor from one of the images at https://www.olarila.com/. Only the WiFi does not work but I connect it through its network card. I made a post that I leave below

My attempts to install iOS on a virtual machine with VirtualBox did not work well, it is very buggy, crashing and slow. I don't know if @Alexander Stolte has another method.

Something that I am convinced to tell you is that they solve this issue before moving forward with a B4A project that also has its application in B4I.

Everything that can help you, at your disposal.

Upvote 0

jesustarre

Licensed User
Longtime User
Read this before continuing.

Dummies Guide to Getting Started with B4i​

Upvote 0

arifkibrit

Licensed User
Read this before continuing.

Dummies Guide to Getting Started with B4i​

Thank you for suggestion, i already handle my issue with VM by docker. If anyone need help about it i can send links.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, but i can have it via VM.... actually i have but it is an old version (very old version)

It is not easy to create a MAC OS VM. The VM is not recognized (at least for MAC OS Big Sur) by AppStore and it cannot be used to download X-Code. If someone has successfully managed to install the XCode please by any means share how you did it. On the other hand if your app does not involve what @Alexander Stolte mentioned you don't need actually a real device as you can create from B4i in conjuction with hosted builder a simulator version and run it in https://appetize.io but with limits in time every month. See in my signature in the "My Contributions" link, the tutorial of B4i on how it is possible to create screenshots for all iPhones and iPads. This post describes everything on how you can run your app without device.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, i handle with this https://hub.docker.com/r/dockurr/macos i install Ventura then i updated to Sonoma i am not very good with docke, now i am running Macos Under Win via Docker, also i can test my app with Simulator. it is easy after install docker desktop, i can send run commands if you cannot handle

Do you use wsl?

Upvote 0