B4J Question B4JPackager installation and use step by step

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I believe I got B4J the B4JPackager11 working nicely but I want to clarify the steps I took to ensure I'm not working with a partially working system.

1) Downloaded jdk-11.0.1.zip and javafx-sdk-11.0.2 and place in c:\java11 folder and result paths are c:\java11\jdk-11.0.1 and c:\java11\javafx-sdk-11.0.2\ respectively. I'm thinking the separate javafx sdk was not required but I will await your confirmation :)

2) For windows exe creation B4JPackager11 v 1.15 runs without errors and produces the folders under /temp and the resultant executable is approx 44kb to 92kb in size along with run_debug.bat file. Both run nicely. The entire contents including the folders is approx 116mb

3) I use the command line approach for the mac and use the mac_jdk-11.0.1.zip for the java components and libs etc. The process runs without issue and produces the folders under the \temp and has the release (373bytes) and run.command (133bytes) files. The entire contents including the folders is approx 131mb

Is this normal? Are the file sizes what you would expect?

4) How do I apply a developer certificate to the Mac App generated using B4JPackager11? Or what is the procedure to apply same might be a more correct question.

I do not see the dmg package , what do I need to do to get that result(Update that is only applicable for the older B4JPackager)

Thanks for your patience this is very new to me

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
For B4J Packager 11 the executable produced is supposed to be 34mb without webview? hmmm

Seems I did something very wrong somewhere, but the file works just not portable in it's current state without the folders in the /build.

I will re read the instructions a 30th time for B4J IDE

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
For B4J Packager 11 the executable produced is supposed to be 34mb without webview? hmmm

Seems I did something very wrong somewhere, but the file works just not portable in it's current state without the folders in the /build.

I will re read the instructions a 30th time for B4J IDE
I see this was some confusion in what I was asking and what you answered, both correct in their own right.

The executable files are small in their raw state it's when the installer is produced using Inno you get those files sizes you are speaking.

The B4J was setup properly I just did the extra javafx-sdk folder which was not necessary

I will read up on how to use this Inno thingy or worst case as you said in prior posts to Zip up the build folder for Windows or make a dmg of /Temp folder on the Mac

Upvote 0