Wish [B4X] A project only library folder

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Add a folder included with the project that you can store project specific B4Xlibs and Jars.

Benifit is projects can be moved / archived / GIT'd with all dependecies and your Libs folder is no longer litered with files that you have no idea what project they belong too.

Last edited:

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
At this point I un-zip the not internal B4XLibs and add the code to my project to keep everything together.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's what I typically do when I want to try out a new b4xlib from the forum. I have a very strong dislike towards clutter in the additional libraries folder.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am doing is add an AutoBackups folder containing the libs inside the existing AutoBackups folder and drag this folder with WinRAR opening the zipped project.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's what I typically do when I want to try out a new b4xlib from the forum. I have a very strong dislike towards clutter in the additional libraries folder.

hahaha, so do I.
Also when you use one or 2 for a test project and after awhile you have extra files and no idea what they are for. Drives me nuts when I download a sample project only to have to hunt for some extra lib on the forum.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here's my wish, from 2017:

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am doing is add an AutoBackups folder containing the libs inside the existing AutoBackups folder and drag this folder with WinRAR opening the zipped project.

Thats one way to do it. So you have 2 copies? One in the LIB folder and one in your AutoBackup folder?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can't Robocopy do that??
Or even create a script that goes over the xml (or where ever the project libs are listed) and then goes throught the additional libs folder and copy them to a new project folder

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can't Robocopy do that??
Or even create a script that goes over the xml (or where ever the project libs are listed) and then goes throught the additional libs folder and copy them to a new project folder

You still have a LIB folder full of files you might only use in a single project.