B4A Library [B4X] [XUI] AS TextFieldAdvanced - Title, Information, Counter, Password, Button, Prefix, Suffix, Icons, Multiline

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
Good Morning to you Alexander,
I just tested your view and found the Designer and View Property Mask-Text. But I did not found any description about usage.
I think the Mask-Text Format has to be use special chars. Could you please give some explanation. Thank you.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I did not found any description about usage.
I think the Mask-Text Format has to be use special chars. Could you please give some explanation. Thank you.
At the bottom you can see what the mask function does. But I can also write a tutorial about it

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
Hi,
it is allways the same with the people. They don't read the mails or messages or letters until the end. And I'm nothing better! Sorry did'nt see it.
I understand that the Mask is only a formatting feature but does not do any validation.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They don't read the mails or messages or letters until the end. And I'm nothing better! Sorry did'nt see it.
But I can't expect everyone to read through all 50 pages first, so asking questions is the right thing to do
I understand that the Mask is only a formatting feature but does not do any validation.
You must implement a validation yourself together with the TextChanged event, like on the nativetextfields too

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
But I can't expect everyone to read through all 50 pages first, so asking questions is the right thing to do

You must implement a validation yourself together with the TextChanged event, like on the nativetextfields too
Ok understand. I have a 90% working solution for Text validation via entering the chars but I stoped the dev yet because there is still a problem to solve. It's with the behaviour that takes place if the user deletes or inputs a char. Is there any solution in your portfolio or mind?

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
Everyone who already downloaded the update yesterday, please download it again, somehow B4X had problems last night and the b4xlib was uploaded corrupted.

No, sorry.
Ok than I will look ahead to fin a solution. Interested to import it in your View? If you send me the .bas File I will look a way to implement it. I think this is better than to build an new custom view on base of your view. Possible but mad.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update
    • Breaking Change - ButtonText and ButtonText2 have been removed and now work with .Text and .Text2
      • It confuses me every time, especially when I don't know that it's a button
    • A few functions have been made private as they should not be public
    • Button Mode BugFixes
    • Add Mode "ComboBox"
    • Add Event ComboBoxSelectedIndexChanged
    • Add set SetItems
    • Add get and set SelectedIndex
ComboBox

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…