B4A Library [B4X] [XUI] AS ViewPager based on xCustomListView

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The xCustomListview was not good enough for desktop use, it often gave me a stomach ache. So I decided to develop a custom pager for the AS_ViewPager for B4J.
I'm just curious, is there a reason for why you don't use jPager for B4A and B4i also?

I mean, so you could somewhat simplify your codebase and only interact with a single pager.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm just curious, is there a reason for why you don't use jPager for B4A and B4i also?
Because jPager are simply panels that are made visible or made invisible. If I would also use this in B4A or B4I, then you lose the possibility to change the page with a slide animation with your finger. This only makes sense on desktop devices that do not have touch.

I mean, so you could somewhat simplify your codebase and only interact with a single pager.
I created the jPager because the xCustomListView in B4J is not so well suited for a ViewPager. e.g. whenever I changed the page with the arrow keys, the list was moved briefly and only then changed, this could not be turned off and was not a nice behavior. There were a few other things that made me create a jPager for the B4J version.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, understood. And I imagine it's just too much work adding swipe-functionality to jPager to make sense. Thanks for explaining.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…