Bug? B4XPages Bug - Workaround for now - And Solution

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I was working with a B4XPages project today and I had both B4A and B4i opened for parallel editing, I noticed a bug. The bug is the following: Let's say I change something in B4i and I have not saved my changes. If B4A decides at this point that it wants to create a temporary backup it saves of course the modules and zips them. The saving of the modules in B4A results in an update of all the common B4XPages in B4i and as a result the page that I am editing which changes back anything that I have created. If I save the modules in B4i I noticed that the common B4XPages in B4A change when the corresponding B4XPage gets focus but maybe this is only an update display issue - I did not check it completely.

A workaround for this for now is to develop only in an IDE and when done close this IDE and by opening the other IDE change somewhat the code in it. Another workaround but a lot more torturing one is to be forced to save in both environments in every minor change.

The final solution I suppose would be to create a common read file from both IDEs in which it is saved the state of the last environment. F.e. "B4i:ChangedCode" Or "B4i:SavedCode" and act accordingly in the other environment to postpone the backup or backup the files without saving them if the state of the last environment is f.e. "B4i:SavedCode"