Wish B4XPages - native transitions

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
it would be so much better if B4XPages had native transitions. I know there are alternative solutions, but they're kind of "hacky" by taking a screenshot and putting that on a panel. The second page is also visible for a split second before the animation begins. These issues could be resolved if B4XPages had native animations.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I can tell B4XPages is a very mature and battle-tested library. I don't expect any changes to it at all, really. (I could obviously be wrong.)

My point is that it's probably safe to create your own version of it by unzipping, adding whatever features you desire, and make a new b4xlib, B4XWIMPagies3, or something like that. :)

Just a thought, as this is an area where we're not dependant on Erel changing something of the B4X internals to cater for a wish.

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Take a look at the code in this example and it will give you an idea of how to use dynamic pages, you can use lists or maps, the process it uses is simple and powerful.
I use this method to create transitions between pages or layouts

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I can always make my own B4XPages alternative like the dashboard example. But for me animations between pages are SO basic I was kind of surprised Erel didn't add them...

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it would be possible, but in my case I try to understand the logic of the process by looking at the libraries that @Erel develops, in this case those for page management. I recommend that you see the code by unzipping B4XPages.b4xlib (mStackOfPageIds) and you will have an idea of why I recommended the previous link.

Note:
It's also worth mentioning that B4XPages is cross-platform (B4i, B4A, and B4J), and each of these has different transitions and effects on objects or views.

Last edited: