Games Backgammon Game, is it possible ? ofcourse it is, with B4X !

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well before 1 year...

Start to creating, thinking how a Backgammon game will be possible to created in B4X... and why not? ...was my first thought...

I had in my mind... that if will be an Online Game with Real Users (not bot).. will be possible to be with no rules...
or playing with rules... against bots.. with different games (not only backgammon-"portes"-"doors" in Greek)

Because of a lot of work had... has abandoned... too many times... started... stopped.. paused...

Well I ve used libs of Star-Dust for Dragview Drag and Drop, also for Dice

I didn't create any super-duper graphics (for start)... all they are command/code-vector graphics... nothing more...

Check what i ve done before a year... tell me your thoughts, or if you want to contribute with this project...

1653477504641.png

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
should be very easy. nothing special in this game especially if you want to make it for 2 players on the same screen. if you want to create 1 vs pc it needs more thinking.
I will make it online play with other player... and bot..

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After reading I still don’t understand how to play the game. 🫣
Is very old and ethistic... there are many kind of "tavli"...

Backgammon doors
Plakoto (hit and stay)
Go (feuga)

You can check Google play for Backgammon games..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here we call it "Shesh Besh" what means 6 - 5

very typical game here. making a bot for this game is not simple you can make many many moves and need to think the best move in every specific situation.
although it is possible.

everything related to drawing and moving sprites it is a very simple task. the more difficult part is such games is to build the logic.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a very nice game. But I did find it very frustrating when I was learning it. I came from a chess background and found the dice and randomness irritating. Until I realized that my (skilled) opponent always managed to crush me, regardless of the dice. That's when I realized it feels very random, but it's not very random at all.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a very nice game. But I did find it very frustrating when I was learning it. I came from a chess background and found the dice and randomness irritating. Until I realized that my (skilled) opponent always managed to crush me, regardless of the dice. That's when I realized it feels very random, but it's not very random at all.
Backgammon default game, as known at whole world... is for lucky people... this game in Greece known as doors (portes)... is the simplest...

But plakoto and feuga... played with dices too.. but more difficult and need skills.. no need double (same dice) to win..

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only rule that is same.. at all kinds.. is the good-double-dice values at the end when you get the pieces out of court-tavli.. you start from up right.. you end.. down-right.. or reverse.. is how you like to see..it

Jorge M A

Licensed User
About playing with two real players, another possibility is to connect two devices via Bluetooth and synchronize the boards (I wouldn't know how to do it, but I've seen it in other backgammon games).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About playing with two real players, another possibility is to connect two devices via Bluetooth and synchronize the boards (I wouldn't know how to do it, but I've seen it in other backgammon games).
check this out: