Wish Being able to live-update code if b4xlibs are updated

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When running an app as Debug, it's awesome to live-update the code and see the changes without having to stop the app and do a full compile.

But if the change has happened in a b4xlib, it's not possible. Instead we need to stop the app, manually refresh the libs and then do a full compile again.

It would be extra awesome to be able to do a refresh of the libraries and a save to live-update the code. It would make development faster for us that rely on b4xlibs.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.

You can add a module or class to override the code from the B4XLibs to your working project. Once you are happy with the changes, you can update back the code in B4xlib.

This is how I update MiniORMUtils (B4xlib) while fixing any errors in my Demo project. I link the class to my demo project Module tab with "absolute path" from the library folder.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, that's a somewhat dirty workaround. I think my suggestion is a much cleaner, and still reasonable, solution though.