Bridge quits working

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Traces.txt is needed. I believe that I've replied to your mail with its location.
The logs should contain the location which is usually: /data/anr/traces.txt

The only data folder I can find is in the Android folder, and it does not have an "anr" subfolder. I've looked in every folder I can get into and can't find a "traces.txt".

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
The log program does say "Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt' but the only data folder I can see is in the Android folder and it doesn't have an 'anr' folder. Again I have checked every folder I can get into and can't find a /data/anr/ anywhere.

I see an '.android_secure' folder which I can't get into. Could it be in there?

In the Log at the start of the error messages (when Bridge quits responding), it says:

'ANR in anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge (anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge/.main'

but I don't see that anywhere either. The log continues by saying
'Reason: keyDispatchingTimedOut'
if that means anything.

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is the root directory on the Toshiba Thrive. No Data folder there, but there is one in the Android folder, but still no anr subfolder.

android root.jpg

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On all devices I've seen so far that is not the real root directory but is one called sdcard that is mounted off the the real root of the file system. With most file explorers, I use ES File Explorer, you can go back up to the real root and see a /data folder there which is where the anr folder would be found.

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
On all devices I've seen so far that is not the real root directory but is one called sdcard that is mounted off the the real root of the file system.

If you look at the icons at the top of the screenshot, you'll see that the hard drive icon is highlighted and the SD card icon is to the right of it. I suspect that the .android_secure folder is the real root, but when I click on it, the file manager says its empy.

[Few minutes later:]

With most file explorers, I use ES File Explorer, you can go back up to the real root and see a /data folder there which is where the anr folder would be found.

I just download ES File Explorer and it does let me see the real root and there is a data folder in it, but it is empty. Maybe it gets emptied after some period of time(?). I'll check it next time I bring up the logs program.

The folders in the screenshot in the prior post are in a folder off the root called "storage" in ES File Explorer. If I click on "sdcard", I get the actual SD card. On my Archos 70 with a 250G HD and no SD slot, it does label the hard drive storage as "sdcard". I think that's true of any device without an SD slot.