[BUG] views are accessable underneath a panel

latcc

Banned
This may be an Android bug.

The activity has a view (say button or tab-view). Also a full screen panel.

the panel is topmost and the button or tabview is set

enabled = false
visible = false

But if you tap the part of the panel where the underlying button or tab-view is placed that view responds as though it is enabled. If the hidden button were set to (say) play a sound then by tapping that area of the topmost panel you will set off that sound because the button is somehow clicked.

This happens even though you've completely disabled and hidden it and it is not visible on the screen.

Trouble is, I am now finding it hard to replicate with a newly started program. :(

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its one of those things...seems like with some views ( user action ones ), Android doesn't like to not consume the events...
I had a similar problem with an array of panels, buttons and iageviews layed on top of each other...

latcc

Banned
Its one of those things...seems like with some views ( user action ones ), Android doesn't like to not consume the events...
I had a similar problem with an array of panels, buttons and iageviews layed on top of each other...
So, when we choose to disable a view Android doesn't always do it?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, when we choose to disable a view Android doesn't always do it?

If the view has a click event, and it is not being consumed, there are some erroneous behaviours at times...

As I said, in my Pairs4Android games, I had to consume nearly 150 click events, just for it to behave as expected...

THIS IS NOT A B4A ISSUE, ITS THE WAY ANDROID IT SELF BEHAVES

latcc

Banned
If the view has a click event, and it is not being consumed, there are some erroneous behaviours at times...

As I said, in my Pairs4Android games, I had to consume nearly 150 click events, just for it to behave as expected...

So you manually consumed the click events. How does that work?