Wish Change the online version color

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Or even an option to change it to red or green when there's an update available.
When working in the IDE, I don't always see that there's an update to a library available even tough the tab is open, bold blue (to my eyes) just too close to blue. Maybe it's because I have my screen quite dark and that it's high res, but having the online version appear another color completely when there's an update available would be a lot better in my opinion.

Considering that I've been working with xCharts for the past few day, until I saw a post from from Klaus saying that v7.0 was released, I didn't even realise that there had been a V6.9, and I'm more than sure that Klaus would have updated the online resources to say V6.9 before release V7.0.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

1615813947326.png

Cheers...

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and I'm more than sure that Klaus would have updated the online resources to say V6.9 before release V7.0.
No, there was no update in the forum for version 6.9.
Sometimes, when there are minor changes, I wait a moment before updating in the forum.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, there was no update in the forum for version 6.9.
Sometimes, when there are minor changes, I wait a moment before updating in the forum.

Thank you for that Klaus.
Well either way, even though V7.0 was updated, I still didn't notice it even though the library tab was open, a different color for an updated online version number would be a better option in my personal opinion, just not bold blue. I saw your post, flicked back to B4J which has been open for hours and there it was. It was always there, I just didn't notice it. Admittedly I would have noticed there was an update available if I was either selecting your library or selecting another another library.

Anyway, I know that Erel is ridiculously busy, and this is just a small blip on his radar. Hopefully one day in the future he will consider it.

Thank you both...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The downside of making it more prominent is that there will be all kinds of cases where the versions won't match and you don't want to update. Libraries might not always be 100% backward compatible or for other reasons.
For now I'm keeping it with the bold font and we will see in the future whether it is enough or not.