Click on ProgressBar

Monkeh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I'm about to start coding an app with some timers that will be displayed as progress bars. Is there a way that the progress bar itself can be clicked on? My thinking is that instead of having a button to select the timer to adjust it I could just click the progress bar itself which would then take me to a new screen to enter a new value for the timer. It would save on screen space and possibly be more intuitive for the user.

I'm guessing that it wouldn't work in the same way as a click event for a button (eg Sub button1_click), or would it???. Would I have to seperately detect the user clicking in the same area of the screen as the progressbar or is there a simpler way to tie the click event directly to the progressbar?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Monkeh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply.

Seekbars are an option I'm considering. I haven't used them in b4a yet but I have downloaded a few apps from Google Play (no idea what they were coded with) with seekbars and quite often they've been clunky to use. You want to set it at a value of, say, 100 and you're constantly jumping around between the low 90s and 106/7+ trying to get it to exactly 100. This is more apparent the higher the maximum value of the seekbar.

I will try my app with seekbars first but would like the option of letting users be more exact with the timers without getting frustrated.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…