Connecting with USB Cable

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to connect my DROID3 to my PC via a USB cable for B4A development.

I installed the Moto Win7 USB driver and set USB Debugging Options on, on my phone.

But when I complie my app it won't load into my phone. Is there something else I have to do/set that I'm forgetting?

Thanks...

Sewickley24

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm no expert by any means but I found the beginner's guide and this forum very helpful in getting past EVERY problem I've encountered so far. I don't have anything with me so this is from memory and a lot of repetition.

Execute adb.exe located c:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\

There will be a window flash as it executes. After that is complete you can
click on the "Designer" tab at the top of the programming environment. You will see "Status: Disconnected" near the top of the Designer window. Double click on the icon to the left and it will connect you to your device.

Hope this helps. Thanks to Erel and this entire group for everything you do for the rest of us. I'm glad I could finally contribute something.
:sign0144:

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You really do not need to connect via adb.exe when you are connected to a real device via USB cable. Did you make sure you did the following on your device besides allowing USB debugging:
'Settings', then Applications', then put a check mark on 'Unknown sources'

Upvote 0

Sewickley24

Licensed User
Longtime User
See what I mean about my being new. I'll stop using adb then. I did configure usb debugging and unknown sources on my device from day one and have successfully written, debugged, and installed apps to the device. So at least I wasn't doing any harm running adb. Thank you much for the help.
:signOops:

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I have Unknown Sources checked on my phone too. It still won't connect and upload my app to my phone via the USB cable. Gosh, I don't know what else to look at.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It always does not hurt to try another USB port and if possible another cable which is sometimes not readily available. Also, I had to install the Windows 7 USB driver from Motorola on a laptop. If my memory is correct, you have to choose from several drivers. It also does not hurt to make sure you have the correct driver for you PC and as a final resort, reinstall the driver if need be.

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I only saw one driver...for Win7 x64 which is what I have. I am not aware that there may be other drivers for my laptop.

I did uninstall and re-installed the driver. I did plug into a different USB port. I will try another USB cable and see if that solves it.

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is what I meant by different drivers. One for 32 and one for 64 bit. But you apparently selected the correct one. On Motorola web page where you downloaded the driver, they recommend that you restart your PC after the installation. Below is their exact words:

"We recommend you reboot the system after installing the USB driver"

Upvote 0