Create libraries with b4a?

raytronixsystems

Licensed User
Longtime User
Being that we now have classes and increasing functionality built into the native b4a language I was wondering if it were possible to create a distributable library with b4a rather than writing one in Java using Eclipse or otherwise.?

We are currently withing our code in a Visual Basic-type language and cross-compiling into Java. Why not cross-compile into a library? This enables developers without Java experience to create a vast assortment of libraries for use by other members of the b4a community and perhaps the java community outside of b4a as well.

Usually if we want to introduce new features to the community we either write a library in Java or use b4a static or class source code modules but it seems that pre-compiled libraries are a slicker way to go. One can hide his/her source code and just publish an interface spec for the new library.

I realize the push for open source allowing anyone to modify and/or enhance source code so there may be some reservations but pre-compiled libraries might save some compile time when building large projects.

Any thoughts on this? Is it something worth pursuing? Am I missing something here and totally off base? :)

thanks,
Ray