(CrowdStrike) Major Windows BSOD issue takes banks, airlines, and broadcasters offline

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think so
I just woke up.
I think I have given a bad example.
Maybe I should asked "if the staff on sick leave, is it my problem?"

I haven't heard of power plant down due to windows BSOD. At least not in my country. Where do you live?

In case there is a power disruption, we have power backup. Otherwise, I provide a mobile or tablet version. The support is based on SLA and whether customer has subscribed to technical support plan. If still the issue is not solved, customer can raise a ticket. Lastly, store can temporary use manual way. There will be minimum impact. It is better than cloud based software.

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just woke up.
I think I have given a bad example.
Maybe I should asked "if the staff on sick leave, is it my problem?"

I haven't heard of power plant down due to windows BSOD. At least not in my country. Where do you live?

In case there is a power disruption, we have power backup. Otherwise, I provide a mobile or tablet version. The support is based on SLA and whether customer has subscribed to technical support plan. If still the issue is not solved, customer can raise a ticket. Lastly, store can temporary use manual way. There will be minimum impact. It is better than cloud based software.
where I live (NYC) we had just a branch fallen on a powerline in 2003 that left the whole east cost without a power for 3 days

To see what we all are facing now https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

Where I live unemployment agencies are still using soft written in COBOL 60 years ago and 1/3 of elevetors in Manhattan are runnig on a steam. Literally, steam piples just for elevators:)

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
where I live (NYC) we had just a branch fallen on a powerline in 2003 that left the whole east cost without a power for 3 days

To see what we all are facing now https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

Where I live unemployment agencies are still using soft written in COBOL 60 years ago and 1/3 of elevetors in Manhattan are runnig on a steam. Literally, steam piples just for elevators:)
That was 20 years ago. The likelihood it will happen again will be very low. If it still happen again, I suggest you move to my country. 😜

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Earlier I read about Microsoft 365 outage but not sure why the CrowdStrike news has taken into the spotlight instead. It seems Microsoft escaped from being blamed.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Before these 2 outages happened, a friend of mine reported that recent Windows updates had caused 2 of his HP laptops BSOD and boot loop. You can check the recent tech news.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quality and reliability must be a part of the organization's culture - comes from the top:
For those who don't remember, in 2010, McAfee had a colossal glitch with Windows XP that took down a good part of the internet. The man who was McAfee's CTO at that time is now the CEO of Crowdstrike. The McAfee incident cost the company so much they ended up selling to Intel.

George Kurtz are you listening?​