Deleted layout file (.bal) now can't export to zip

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Earlier today I deleted a layout file (mapcheck.bal) from the 'FILES' folder. However it did not remove it from list of layouts in the designer. Now, at the end of the day, I want to export my app as a zip file like I do every night but I get the message that it can't find 'mapcheck.bal', the one I deleted and won't let me move on. How can I work around this. Thanks, guys.

Jim Schuchert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jim,
To remove files from a project you must check these files in the file tab in the IDE and click on the 'Remove selected' button. Doing this removes the files from both the Files directory and the project.
Removing image files from the Designer is the same.

Best regards.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If it's in your rubbish bin you can restore it. If not create a file with the same name, copy it into the files folder and see if the IDE will let you remove it legitimately.

Steve

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Klaus,

What a relief. I never thought of that and pictured myself reconstructing a day's work from the last good zip I exported. Thank you, thank you.

Steve,

Your plan is what I thought might have to happen but realized I would probably end up with 2 of the same name and might not accomplish the goal. Klaus' method is much simpler, but thanks for your effort.

Jim

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jim,

Klaus told you what you should have done, I thought you'd already deleted it and needed to get past the problem.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted either way.

Steve

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steve,

I know what the confusion may have been. When I said I had deleted the layout from the FILES folder, I meant the one in Windows Explorer, not the one Klaus pointed out in the IDE. Sorry.

Jim

Upvote 0