B4J Question Deployment Tutorial

raphipps2002

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there one for this? So the app is ready...how do i publish it so that users can download it and also be advised of Auto updates?

dilettante

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another option is to use an installer that deploys the JAR file as is, with no wrapper, and creates shortcuts that have an alternative icon.

This gets around the problem inherent in all of the EXE-wrappers I've seen, which extract the JAR into a temporary directory and either delete after run or just leave it sitting there taking up space.

Upvote 0

raphipps2002

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok..thanks...I suppose I could deploy it with vb.net; a simple vb.net app the download the jar file..or is something possible in B4J

like this in vb.net

B4X:
 Sub DownLoadFileFromServer()

Dim client As WebClient = New WebClient

client.Credentials = New Net.NetworkCredential("username", "password")

Try

AddHandler client.DownloadProgressChanged, AddressOf client_ProgressChanged
            AddHandler client.DownloadFileCompleted, AddressOf client_DownloadCompleted

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(ex.Message)

End Try

Try

Dim DownlaodFolder As String = FileName

'client.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("ftp://ftp.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/DB/xxx.jar"), "c:\cashbook\DB")

client.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("ftp://ftp.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDB/xxx.jar"), DownlaodFolder)

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox("DB Download Error Line 11116  System Data is incomplete.  Please call support " & ex.Message)

End Try

End Sub

Upvote 0