B4J Question Developing Applications with maps B4J.

javiers

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there planned development libraries like GoogleMaps, GPS and GoogleMapsExtras B4j?

Regards.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Look at this thread: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/osm-open-street-map-for-b4j.35554/.

I started to create a mapping library but then more or less had to time to continue development of it.
Since then the java mapping library that my b4j library is based on has been updated many times and my b4a library is now out of date.

To be honest if i needed to add a map to a b4j project i'd probably use a WebView and the Google Maps API v3 (the javascript library).
The Google Maps API is far more mature than the java library i used in my b4j library - it has way more features and looks far more professional.

Martin.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be honest if i needed to add a map to a b4j project i'd probably use a WebView and the Google Maps API v3 (the javascript library).
The Google Maps API is far more mature than the java library i used in my b4j library - it has way more features and looks far more professional.
I did look into this. If I remember correctly there were issues with WebView itself. It might been improved in Java 8.

Upvote 0