o Plus universal health care
o Plus a much more tolerant society
o Minus guns and Trump

fabton1963

Licensed User
Longtime User
mmmm...

Piedmont:

• Dishes: Vitello tonnato, Agnolotti del plin, Tajarin al tartufo, Bagna cauda.
  • Wines: Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Barbera.
Lombardy:

• Dishes: Risotto alla milanese, Ossobuco, Cotoletta alla milanese, Polenta e brasato.
  • Wines: Franciacorta, Valtellina Superiore, Oltrepò Pavese, Sforzato di Valtellina.
Veneto:

• Dishes: Risotto al nero di seppia, Bigoli in salsa, Sarde in saor, Baccalà alla vicentina.
  • Wines: Amarone della Valpolicella, Soave, Prosecco, Valpolicella.
Tuscany:

• Dishes: Ribollita, Pappa al pomodoro, Bistecca alla fiorentina, Pici all'aglione.
  • Wines: Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
Campania:

• Dishes: Neapolitan pizza, Pasta e fagioli, Spaghetti alla puttanesca, Parmigiana di melanzane.
  • Wines: Taurasi, Greco di Tufo, Fiano di Avellino, Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio.
Sicily:

• Dishes: Arancini, Pasta alla Norma, Caponata, Cannoli siciliani.
  • Wines: Nero d'Avola, Etna Rosso, Marsala, Passito di Pantelleria.
Apulia:

• Dishes: Orecchiette con le cime di rapa, Fave e cicoria, Burrata, Taralli.
  • Wines: Primitivo di Manduria, Salice Salentino, Negroamaro, Aleatico di Puglia.
Emilia-Romagna:

• Dishes: Tagliatelle al ragù (Bolognese), Tortellini in brodo, Lasagne alla bolognese, Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • Wines: Lambrusco, Sangiovese di Romagna, Albana di Romagna, Pignoletto.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Better still move to Australia:

o All the plusses of the USA
o Minus guns and Trump

shush 🤫... lets not advertise to much

Plus mmmm......

Whole of Straylia:
  • Dishes: Meat Pie and Dead Horse ... (tomato sauce ;))
  • Wine: (only if your Pie is cold or crusty) :)

Last edited:

QSerg

Better still move to Australia:

o All the plusses of the USA
o Minus guns and Trump
IMHO Australia is by far better for day to day living than almost any other country and especially so USA. Saying that I like to state that we have whole stack of our own problem and main being following USA way too much.

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm actually in the USA right now :)

Will return home in a few days.

That's great, Erel! If you are in Orlando or close, I'd love to meet up and take you out to Dinner and show you around! Send me a PM!

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Saying that I like to state that we have whole stack of our own problem and main being following USA way too much.
I lived in the USA for several years and while we follow a lot of their trends etc we are still more British than Septic in my view.

The most significant characteristic that I observed was just how inward-looking and insular the vast majority were.

Fed by their media - I was there when the Newcastle earthquake occurred - one of the few times Australia got a mention in the evening news.

Except on the map they showed they had Newcastle south of Sydney rather than north - sheesh.

QSerg

I lived in the USA for several years and while we follow a lot of their trends etc we are still more British than Septic in my view.

The most significant characteristic that I observed was just how inward-looking and insular the vast majority were.

Fed by their media - I was there when the Newcastle earthquake occurred - one of the few times Australia got a mention in the evening news.

Except on the map they showed they had Newcastle south of Sydney rather than north - sheesh.
And that "earthquake" was not even worth to mention comparing say to flood and bushfires. I have nephew in Newcastle and they did not notice it. Meanwhile in USA (as everywhere in the world for this merit) they somehow feel that living in Australia extremely dangerous and trying to prove it everywhere. And their ignorance (re Newcastle south of Sydney) obvious for everyone.
About British vs Septic. You are right. For now. And may be not so right when it came to Sydney. And I personally like Australia to be more British and less Septic.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

1706680273485.jpeg

1706680304914.jpeg

🤣

1706680473625.png

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any rate back to Erel - if you really wanted to move to Australia I would do anything I could this end to help.