Erel, move to the U.S.A.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's ok, I know how it is with business. I hope you can tell us at a later date. :)

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm actually in the USA right now :)

Will return home in a few days.
Don't you move in Thailand? If you have been in Thailand for 3 years,I'm sure that you would like been in Thailand continually. Because Thai people are friendly and the cost of life is very cheap.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't you move in Thailand? If you have been in Thailand for 3 years,I'm sure that you would like been in Thailand continually. Because Thai people are friendly and the cost of life is very cheap.
Every country has, like everything, its positive and negative sides.

Italy is the exception that confirms this rule, obviously, being THE perfect country!

😄

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every country has, like everything, its positive and negative sides.

Italy is the exception that confirms this rule, obviously, being THE perfect country!

😄
I would like Erel and his family visit Thailand only once time .and has been 3 weeks before deciding.

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
so I can pick you up from the airport.
there's only one? you don't want to go there Erel, you might have to be old-school and take a train . . . come to South Africa nothing works here so we need new algorythms.....

copanut

Licensed User
I lived in the USA for several years and while we follow a lot of their trends etc we are still more British than Septic in my view.

The most significant characteristic that I observed was just how inward-looking and insular the vast majority were.

Fed by their media - I was there when the Newcastle earthquake occurred - one of the few times Australia got a mention in the evening news.

Except on the map they showed they had Newcastle south of Sydney rather than north - sheesh.

Although I hold out hope for Australia as a potential refuge in the event that the USA turns into Trumpistan, I think it's only fair to point out that much of the modern day stupidity in the USA, including what passes for media, is a direct result of the influence of the malignant growth known as Rupert Murdoch, an Aussie export.

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Although I hold out hope for Australia as a potential refuge in the event that the USA turns into Trumpistan, I think it's only fair to point out that much of the modern day stupidity in the USA, including what passes for media, is a direct result of the influence of the malignant growth known as Rupert Murdoch, an Aussie export.
Agreed, and most of us were only too happy when he took out American citizenship giving up his Australian citizenship.

An interesting thought - Murdoch still owns a swathe of media assets in Australia - totally dominant in some markets - but (as yet any rate) his malignancy has not metastasized in the way it seems to have in the US. We did have Tony Abbott for a while but saw him off thankfully.

Last edited:

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, I think that much of the modern day stupidity in the USA is a direct result of an idiotic vocal minority & exacerbated by a silent majority who refuse to do something about it. I say that from limited experience (I lived in the US for 4 years) & having found that most Americans are actually quite reasonable & moderate, but also reluctant to make a scene & will therefore go out of their way to avoid confrontation. I really enjoyed my time living in the US, but I'm happy to not be there in the face of the possible election of Trump to a second term. It will be a disaster for the US if he gets in again.

- Colin.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's avoid writing about politics.

I learned that Erel bought a 12 million euro penthouse in RomA.
1709541329537.png

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
What years were you there? - my sojourn was 1989-90-91.
Colorado 2011-12 then Utah 2013-14. Prior to that lived in Vancouver (Canada) from 2008 until we moved to Colorado.

- Colin.

Tirs

Licensed User
Longtime User
Better still move to Australia:

o All the plusses of the USA
o Plus universal health care
o Plus a much more tolerant society
o Minus guns and Trump
You forgot: Plus an excellent wine

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
You forgot: Plus an excellent wine
I am no wine buff but Australian wines can be top quality in my view - and lots of variety.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from 2008 until we moved to Colorado.

- Colin.

I was referring to this. but I figured it out, my math is not that bad. You used indirect addressing, but I found the absolute value of (moving to Colorado) to
be in 2011.
Never mind,it was nothing!

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was referring to this. but I figured it out, my math is not that bad. You used indirect addressing, but I found the absolute value of (moving to Colorado) to
be in 2011.
Never mind,it was nothing!
Hah - it's funny you commented on that because I almost put the Vancouver part first, but then decided against it because the question was about when I was in the US. When I tagged it on the end I thought about putting "from 2008 until 2011", but thought that would be redundant as I had already stated we were in Colorado from 2011 until 2012. 😂

- Colin.

Last edited: