Android Question error: resource android:attr/lStar not found - androidx.core:core 1.13.0

JDR

Hello

We have an old BJA project that we need to recompile because the legacy Firebase Cloud Messaging will be discontinued in june 2024.
We plan to redevelop a new app with more features, but for the time being, we need to make the old app working.
We don't have the ability to rewrite the whole B4A app.

After installing all libraries and dependencies in the SDK manager, we still receive the error message:
B4A error:
B4A Versie: 12.80
Controleren code.    (0.06s)
    Java Versie: 8
Building folders structure.    (0.56s)
Compileren code.    (0.56s)
Compileren weergaven code.    (0.13s)
Bibliotheken organiseren.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (0.33s)
Linking resources    Error
c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.13.0\unpacked-core-1.13.0\res\values\values.xml:121: error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.
error: failed linking references.

We must use following libraries in our project:

1714299620023.png

I tried reinstalling B4A and the SDK Manager multiple times without succes.
I followed this forum requests to resolve the issue, but also without succes.
Version information
  • B4A version: 12.80 X64 version
  • Java version: jdk1.8.0_131
  • Android.jar: android 28
How can I solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

JDR

Hi Erel

Thank you for your quick reply!

So, when B4A app only subscribes to data (receive) nothing has to change in the app regarding FCM?

I can understand that the MSMaterialDrawer (switch to B4XDrawer) and NotificationBuilder (switch to NB6) need to be removed, but does that also mean we have to rewrite the whole code?
Or is it a complete replacement of the old libraries, without rewriting each part?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, when B4A app only subscribes to data (receive) nothing has to change in the app regarding FCM?
True.

I can understand that the MSMaterialDrawer (switch to B4XDrawer) and NotificationBuilder (switch to NB6) need to be removed, but does that also mean we have to rewrite the whole code?
Or is it a complete replacement of the old libraries, without rewriting each part?
You will need to modify the code for it to work with these libraries.

Upvote 0