B4R Question ESP32

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the real question should be posted to the arduino ide community.
If arduino ide support will be added, then eventually, as arduino based libs will be targeting esp32, we will be seeing b4r wrappers emerge

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From that page the first thing we read is...
"Not everything is working yet, you can not get it through package manager"

If I'm not mistaken, this means that you cannot upload a sketch directly from arduino ide to the esp32... Which is the way B4R uploads the code to the boards...

Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I'm not mistaken, this means that you cannot upload a sketch directly from arduino ide to the esp32... Which is the way B4R uploads the code to the boards...
Sorry, you are mistaken.
That what is quoted to work so far (look for link in post#3) actually does work in Arduino .
However, it was somewhat troublesome to get the core installed due to missing Windows 10 permissions if Arduino IDE is installed in c:\program files (X86). You have first to give the currentuser full rights for that directory. Then installation, if you follow the recipy, works like a charm. But B4R nevertheless does currently not support the ESP32 (look for a recent post by Erel).
Anyway, I would recommend not to install the Arduino IDE in that directory but rather on different (magnetic) drive if your C drive is SSD like it is for me. There are updates almost hourly on the ESP32 core which overwriting the prevoius core would stress the SSD drive.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe we should expect b4r esp32 support as soon as it gets more stable (esp32 core that is)

Upvote 0