file location

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can someone help tell me the file location and file name on my device after i run it on my device it was plugged in by usb instead of the emulator.
It stays on the device and it runs I just cannot find it

Thanks

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Go to "project" menu - select "Application Label", this will tell you the programs name on your android.

Upvote 0

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the info
I had this part sorted my app "gearcam" showes up on my device as expected but where is it phisically stored on the device ?

Also another question when i compile my program and test on either the emulator or my android device i have program called "result.apk" i expected "gearcam.apk" as other examples seem to produce a *.apk with a file name the same as the app name.

Why is this ?

Steve

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this part sorted my app "gearcam" showes up on my device as expected but where is it phisically stored on the device ?
You can write Log(File.DirInternal) to see the application location.
Note that this location is private to each application and cannot be accessed by other applications.

Also another question when i compile my program and test on either the emulator or my android device i have program called "result.apk" i expected "gearcam.apk" as other examples seem to produce a *.apk with a file name the same as the app name.

Why is this ?
The apk is named result.apk if the application name contains any illegal characters (hyphen for example). You can rename it as you want.

Upvote 0