file location

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can someone help tell me the file location and file name on my device after i run it on my device it was plugged in by usb instead of the emulator.
It stays on the device and it runs I just cannot find it

Thanks

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Go to "project" menu - select "Application Label", this will tell you the programs name on your android.

Upvote 0

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the info
I had this part sorted my app "gearcam" showes up on my device as expected but where is it phisically stored on the device ?

Also another question when i compile my program and test on either the emulator or my android device i have program called "result.apk" i expected "gearcam.apk" as other examples seem to produce a *.apk with a file name the same as the app name.

Why is this ?

Steve

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this part sorted my app "gearcam" showes up on my device as expected but where is it phisically stored on the device ?
You can write Log(File.DirInternal) to see the application location.
Note that this location is private to each application and cannot be accessed by other applications.

The apk is named result.apk if the application name contains any illegal characters (hyphen for example). You can rename it as you want.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…