Freaky problem with two services

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I have a freaky problem with two services. I have one service, which collects the data from the GPS-Chip. It runs normaly and it runs also, when the device is sleeping. When I start the second service, which is the service for TTS, it runs also without problems. But then, when the device sleeps, the TTS-service continue, but the service for the GPS-data stops after a few seconds. Sometimes, the android-icon for the gps will be disappear, so that it seems, that the gps-service will stop, when the tts-service is on and the device sleeps....:confused:

I have tried to start the service for the GPS under service-create again with the parameters for 'during sleep', but the same result.

Thanks for help...

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is highly possible that the device turns off the GPS hardware when it is sleeping.
Hello Erel,

this is not the case. I have a third service, which sends the gps-data to a server, so I can see, that the GPS is still running, when the device is sleeping. The GPS will only stop, when the TTS-Service is running.....:confused:
I can't understand the relation....

Upvote 0