Frustrated enough

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Long gone are the times when to run an IT business you only needed to know programming. Now there are a hundred prerequisites in the Greek IRS, in order to force you do things you could easily avoid in the past, like get an accountant. There is also the EU which keeps slapping you in the head with rules, acts and regulations applicable everywhere in the world like GDPR, Cyber Resilience Act, Digital Services Act and a lot of others which forces you also to pay a lawyer. I really would like to know. You people are feeling the same? Is there any European Organization that can cover all these things for someone?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Long gone are the times when to run an IT business you only needed to know programming
It has never been like this. Knowing how to program is like knowing a foreign language but having nothing to say.

If you know how to program, it doesn't mean you know how to develop construction engineering software, you will need guidance from an expert in that sector. Same thing for accounting SW; an accountant will not be enough, you will need a tax consultant, a labor consultant, ...!

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has never been like this. Knowing how to program is like knowing a foreign language but having nothing to say.

If you know how to program, it doesn't mean you know how to develop construction engineering software, you will need guidance from an expert in that sector. Same thing for accounting SW; an accountant will not be enough, you will need a tax consultant, a labor consultant, ...!

Yes, what I meant was that if someone gave you the requirements or you had gathered the requirements with interviews then it was much easier to do the job but now it is like the monster with nine heads that you cut one and 2 are popping out there in the cut. Being a single developer is not any more feasable - they are forcing you to join forces with other developers.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that greek authorities last years trying to give their best... without giving nothing...

They are stressing all workers, employees, companies, pushing them work 150% of their power... EU asks for 10.. our authorities asking for 100.. to be sure that will not loose money coming from EU...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it is like the monster with nine heads that you cut one and 2 are popping out
Maybe Greek is famous with monsters in their mythology. Sorry, I am not trying to make jokes.

Now our government is introducing e-Invoicing and bringing the European Peppol thing here. It seems they are mixing the API with the OASIS UBL format JSON which I see is a mess.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any European Organization that can cover all these things for someone?
I don't know if there is such a thing, but if there is, then your earnings would not be enough to cover the payment.
To this day, I try to do everything myself, but it takes a lot of time and nerves.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now our government is introducing e-Invoicing and bringing the European Peppol thing here. It seems they are mixing the API with the OASIS UBL format JSON which I see is a mess.

Bad habits are contagious... You are gonna love it... If they are not giving you a governmental option to use and invoice your clients you are going to end up feeling helpless because I have heard some commercial solutions, of which cost starts from 150 Euros. Almost one sixth of the basic salary...

Indeed with the monsters we have a well promissing background. That is why they always copy the past and create new monsters...

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if there is such a thing, but if there is, then your earnings would not be enough to cover the payment.
To this day, I try to do everything myself, but it takes a lot of time and nerves.

Maybe you are right but you are always at the risk of missing something. I asked chat gpt about it and it returned nine points to pay attention to, according to Cyber Resiliance Act. I will post it bellow. If you miss anything of the described points you are risking a fine that might cost you your home. The same is valid with GDPR.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Chat GPT on cyber resillience act (from what I have read in the text of the Cyber Resilliance Act I remember most of them are mentioned - I had taken a deep look before 1 or 2 years also here in B4X forum):

User

I am a software developer developing a website with e-commerce. What am I suppose to do according to "cyber resilience act" imposed by the European union?

ChatGPT
The Cyber Resilience Act (CRA) proposed by the European Union aims to enhance the cybersecurity of products with digital elements and reduce the vulnerability of consumers and businesses to cyber threats. As of my last update, here’s a general outline of what you might need to do as a software developer, particularly if your website includes e-commerce functionalities:

1) Security by Design: Ensure that cybersecurity is integrated into your software from the earliest stages of development. This involves implementing secure coding practices, regularly updating and patching software, and using secure architecture.
2) Vulnerability Handling: Establish processes to continuously identify, assess, and mitigate vulnerabilities within your software. This includes conducting regular security audits and penetration testing.
3) Documentation and Information: Provide users with clear and comprehensive information about the cybersecurity features of your software. This should include instructions on secure installation, maintenance, and the timely disclosure of any known vulnerabilities.
4) Compliance and Reporting: Depending on the nature and scope of your e-commerce platform, you may need to comply with specific cybersecurity standards and frameworks outlined in the CRA. Reporting significant cybersecurity incidents to relevant authorities may also be required.
5) Risk Management: Implement a robust risk management process for your software. This includes assessing and mitigating risks associated with cyber threats throughout the lifecycle of the product.
6) Updates and Patch Management: Ensure that there are mechanisms in place for the timely distribution of updates and patches to address security vulnerabilities.
7) Impact Assessment: Assess the cybersecurity impact of your products, especially if they are likely to process sensitive or personal data.
8) Certification: For certain high-risk applications, obtaining cybersecurity certification might become mandatory under the CRA. This certification ensures that your software complies with the highest security standards demanded by the EU.
9) Market Surveillance and Compliance: Be prepared for increased market surveillance and stricter enforcement of compliance by EU member states.

As the CRA has been proposed but not yet fully enacted or implemented, you should stay informed about its progress and be ready to comply with its requirements once it becomes law. It's also wise to consult with a legal advisor or cybersecurity expert specializing in EU regulations to ensure full compliance with the CRA and other relevant laws such as the GDPR, especially concerning the handling of personal data in e-commerce.

Last edited:

jroriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank God you don't live in Brazil...

Overall, while Europe certainly has its own challenges for IT businesses, the situation in Brazil is often more complex and difficult to navigate due to factors such as tax complexity, legal and regulatory challenges, corruption, infrastructure issues, and political instability.

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is all a disaster because politicians do not understand computers (programming), at the end of last year they made here (Spain) a change by which a VAT rate became 3 decimals, we had to spend "Christmas Eve" and "Christmas" programming everything and preparing the shipments of everything with the servers of the Treasury (government). But the government software was not prepared for 3 decimals, they changed everything back to 2 decimals, so we had to spend "new year's eve" and "new year" undoing everything we had done.
With the added problem that the 3 decimal place invoice submissions during that week did not add up, resulting in piles of invoices from thousands of companies, I don't know how they will fix this without fining the companies for not adding up.
In another thread in this forum someone complains that a QR code must be included in the invoices and that many companies have dot matrix printers, do those who have created this law have any idea of what a dot matrix printer is?
And so on all the time, besides here in Spain we have 17 autonomies (regions) and each one has its different system, so it is not the same invoice management if you are in Bilbao, Barcelona, Malaga, Madrid or Tenerife.
In short, a total disaster.
I just hope to win the lottery soon and retire :D

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is all a disaster because politicians do not understand computers (programming), at the end of last year they made here (Spain) a change by which a VAT rate became 3 decimals, we had to spend "Christmas Eve" and "Christmas" programming everything and preparing the shipments of everything with the servers of the Treasury (government). But the government software was not prepared for 3 decimals, they changed everything back to 2 decimals, so we had to spend "new year's eve" and "new year" undoing everything we had done.
With the added problem that the 3 decimal place invoice submissions during that week did not add up, resulting in piles of invoices from thousands of companies, I don't know how they will fix this without fining the companies for not adding up.
In another thread in this forum someone complains that a QR code must be included in the invoices and that many companies have dot matrix printers, do those who have created this law have any idea of what a dot matrix printer is?
And so on all the time, besides here in Spain we have 17 autonomies (regions) and each one has its different system, so it is not the same invoice management if you are in Bilbao, Barcelona, Malaga, Madrid or Tenerife.
In short, a total disaster.
I just hope to win the lottery soon and retire :D

I suppose I have to feel blessed for not having to go also through this mess. I cannot understand why the politicians put a shepherd deside the medicine of a decease... Just because they are in the same party. Shouldn't there be a federal approach in this?

Anyway, I wish you all the best in the lottery and play the numbers 10 and 14 (free of charge advise and if you win you can pierce my nose 🤣🤣🤣 - old Greek proverb)