Android Question Game optimization

MasterGy

Hello!

Many things have been added to the game and it can be used without VR glasses.
VR glasses + clap, with adjustable clap sensitivity.
If you don't have VR glasses, you can play with it by touching it.

My question is the following. I use many functions. App detection from a microphone, opengl display, sensor reading, I used many things. I disassembled it into a modular structure so that I can access functions more easily.
My question is still related to my previous question. Currently, the program performs the operations serially. there is a main thread. A fps (timer) is defined. When the time comes, he deals with things neatly, in a row, one after the other. I want to optimize the game before I make it. I still don't understand the terms synchronous-asynchronous. eg thread. I don't know if an opengl operation can be aborted. Microphone detection is also done serially. It all depends on the fps you set. There are many processes that could be executed in parallel, but I cannot modify them without understanding the whole process. How many threads can I set using 'thread'? what is the maximum? if 2 threads run at the same time, does it happen at 1/2 speed per thread? because then what's the point? I wish someone could explain it in words. no code required. just write it down for me so I can understand. What is the ideal approach to handle sensors, microphone monitoring, opengl, and various computations in a way that makes the best use of resources?

so, in addition to serial processing, I have to reduce the processing to below 20fps (on my already weak phones), which is not enough. I feel that better performance can be obtained from it, but I don't know what to do.

In the video, the clap detection was set too sensitive, so sometimes it fires when it shouldn't. My head is wet because it's 40 degrees Celsius and I have to cool my head with cold water so that the inside of the vr glasses don't fog up. :)

video:

download ('zip'+libraries)

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
if 2 threads run at the same time, does it happen at 1/2 speed per thread? because then what's the point?
Suppose not if there are multiple cores in the CPU and threads run on different cores.
For my audio related app I usually use one thread to deal with audio processing and the main thread for UI.

Upvote 0