Group of B4X Testers

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think with this new google policy on testing with 20 people, we need to form a group of volunteer testers.

1703265923488.png

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google never seizes to surprise us. Count me in...

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest we put here our web opt in URL for closed testers and I suggest we should all follow @mcqueccu 's suggestion.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest we put here our web opt in URL for closed testers and I suggest we should all follow @mcqueccu 's suggestion.
With closed testing, unless you add the Testers email to your testers list before they can see the app and download.

Unlike Open Testing where you can share the link for other people to Join for testing.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
With closed testing, unless you add the Testers email to your testers list before they can see the app and download.

Unlike Open Testing where you can share the link for other people to Join for testing.

I thought I was wrong but it seems I was correct. There is also for closed testing a web link. If you go to Closed Testing --> Manage track --> Testers --> and scroll down there is "Join from Web Link"... I hope I am correct and there is not a minssunderstanding of mine...

Last edited:

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are close to correct (not correct) and my point still stands, as I am talking from fresh experience :cool:

I know what you are talking about. I had the same idea for this particular app, but when I shared the link from CLOSED TESTING to other android users, the page does not load. Even when you search the app package name you will not find it even though it is approved for testing on the playstore. Not until I added their emails to the testers before they are able to see the app.

Here is the link for the testers: Lets try and see if it works for you:

1703342564651.png

You can read more on the testing here:

1703342772178.png

epiCode

Licensed User
Important: Emphasize to your testers that they need to remain opted in to your closed test for at least 14 days continuously.

Google is becoming difficult by the day.

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why we don't create B4XStore for B4X developlors own ourselves?

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't look for a solution to this problem, fix it!
Fix it how? I don't know exactly, but a big petition with thousands of b4x-members could maybe make a difference.
What do you think?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wow, this is so stupid. to publish an app i need 20 people to install it and test it for a few weeks and only after that i can publish it?!
the average person doesnot have 20 people to test his app for him (including me). they really want to get rid of many indie devs. this is the only explanation why they do it.
this is really bad news it will make it much harder to make new apps for android.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
they really want to get rid of many indie devs. this is the only explanation why they do it.
this is really bad news it will make it much harder to make new apps for android.
That is why we should start a petition, otherwise this new Google policy will not be the worst and the last.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I think with this new google policy on testing with 20 people, we need to form a group of volunteer testers.
I have one question here : it says : "...ensure that your APP complies with Google Play policy before you launch."

That implies that the 20 testers would need to be quite familiar with those policies as well - so that they can help you align to the policies before you let Gobble (Google) itself loose on your product.

I haven't registered on GP yet but its becoming less and less likely that it will be a viable thing for me to do.

I think @ilan (#14) is right on the button with that opinion......

Lets see if we can get them to pay another $700million penalties for all the hoops they are creating (most of which seem to be to control developers as opposed to controlling security and the Dark Operators.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
from post #4 it seems that we need to share our email in order to be listed as testers for a specific app.
Now, since there are bots constantly sneaking our Forum and since I guess we don't like them to collect our emails, I would suggest the adoption of a Testers' Directory where one could register and opt in-out for his/her availability at a specific time for testing. Even better if the tester could select areas (UX, DB,..) where he/she could be more useful.
Probably the best candidate for running that directry would be Erel (who we all trust), but any well-known member would do. Afetr all we're all adults and can surely find a way to relieve this burden from him.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
First of all, I have to say something: I don't care about this new policy because I don't need or want to develop new apps, at least that's where things stand today.
But I think about all the other people or new developers who need/want to develop new apps all the time.

That's why I'm proposing a petition, because otherwise Google will come back with a new and worse policy.
This is how I envision the petition:
Everyone who wants to participate gives Erel permission to add their email address to the petition list.
When a certain number is reached, Erel or another forum member can send the petition list to Google.

I hope Erel has nothing against it.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: After having 20 developers for 14 days, you have to apply to get published. And part of that process is answering these questions.

1. How did you recruit users for your closed test? For example, did you ask friends and family, or use a paid testing provider?
2. How easy was it to recruit testers for your app?
Very difficult
Difficult
Neither difficult or easy
Easy
Very easy

3. Describe the engagement you received from testers during your closed test
Include whether or not testers utilized all of the features in your app, and whether tester usage was consistent with how you would expect a real user to use your app. If not, describe the differences you would expect to see

4. Provide a summary of the feedback that you received from testers. Include how you collected the feedback.

5. Who is the intended audience of your app?

6. Describe how your app provides value to users

7. How many installs do you expect your app to have in your first year?
0 - 10K
10K - 100K
100K - 1M
1M+
I don't know

8. What changes did you make to your app based on what you learned during your closed test?
9. How did you decide that your app is ready for production?

After submission, they will take another seven days to review your application before it is fully published.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel sorry for New Developers creating New Accounts.

This does not happen with old accounts. I was thinking about a cheat I am not sure if it will work though.

Since Old accounts can directly publish new apps without these process, what if I publish in my OLD Account, and then TRANSFER the App to the newly created account?