Has anyone Gotten usable code from Chat GPT?

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use it often. Store Procedures from SQL SERVER, .net, vba, etc. and while it is true that it makes somewhat silly mistakes, they are usually easy to fix if you have minimal knowledge. For me, in my work, it has helped me a lot, and I hope it takes away my job, but not my income. Why should we work 40 hours a week? I think this tool can help us reduce our workload, although I know that not everything will be that easy. Use 3.5

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
IMHO it is a scam - you can find plenty of usable examples of codes on internet without any so called AI for some 20+ years.
It saves you having to trawl through various websites to find the code. Let the AI read upteen quillion websites and give me a succinct answer, with links if I want to know more.

QSerg

It saves you having to trawl through various websites to find the code. Let the AI read upteen quillion websites and give me a succinct answer, with links if I want to know more.
But when you make query in Google you can see where links came from and can pick sites that you trusted. With GPT results are driven by some algorithms that you know very little about. Basically you been shoveled with solution that you may or may not pick up if you make judgement personally. If you not really confident in yours abilities then it may suit you well. As for me I much prefer to pick up ideas and not finished code.