How to perform "drag to re-order"?

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
task-n-todos-android-apps-to-manage-your-day.jpg

As seen in the right side of image above, I have seen certain apps do this - asking the user to drag and drop an item to position it, instead of selecting manually and using up and down buttons.

There are some resources here

https://github.com/bauerca/drag-sort-listview

TICE: Experience - Android Drag and Drop List

multithreading - Android - drag and drop - list rearrange - Stack Overflow

I hope we can do this with B4A soon.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
task-n-todos-android-apps-to-manage-your-day.jpg

As seen in the right side of image above, I have seen certain apps do this - asking the user to drag and drop an item to position it, instead of selecting manually and using up and down buttons.

There are some resources here

https://github.com/bauerca/drag-sort-listview

TICE: Experience - Android Drag and Drop List

multithreading - Android - drag and drop - list rearrange - Stack Overflow

I hope we can do this with B4A soon.

My CheckList class already implements this feature.

Upvote 0

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that the Checklist class currently needs a long click to start a drag.

Will ULV be able to do dragging using a button on each list item as shown in the example above, instead of (or more likely, in addition to) the long click? The button makes drag-and-drop quicker to use and more discoverable.

Also (and I can't recall offhand if you answered this in another thread), will ULV show the target of the drop (either by dynamically shuffling items or by providing a target divider?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that the Checklist class currently needs a long click to start a drag.

Will ULV be able to do dragging using a button on each list item as shown in the example above, instead of (or more likely, in addition to) the long click? The button makes drag-and-drop quicker to use and more discoverable.

Also (and I can't recall offhand if you answered this in another thread), will ULV show the target of the drop (either by dynamically shuffling items or by providing a target divider?

In ULV, you can use a touch or a long-click event to start a d&d, so it is possible to use a button as in many other listviews.

The items are reordered dynamically during the d&d to show where the item is going to be inserted.

Upvote 0