B4J Question How to prevent a Titledpane's collapse/expand event when clicking a node that's in its graphic area

TelKel81

Licensed User
I added an imageview to the graphic area (via setGraphic method) of a Titledpane.

When I click the imageview, the MouseClick event triggers for both the imageview and the titledpane (so it expands/collapses). I want to avoid this behavior when clicking on the imageview.

I do use event.consume in the imageview's mouseclick event sub.

Solution
Resolved the issue by also handling MousePressed and MouseReleased events (of the imageview) and consuming them, preventing those events from propagating to the titledpane.

DarkoT

Licensed User
In case that you received more triggers in object, you can filter MouseClick event for specified object...

Like this:
Example code:
' comments
' TpMain = tab panel (=tabpane)
' example filters events which is not clicket on TabHeader

Sub tpMain_Filter (EventData As Event)
    Dim ContextMenuEvent As JavaObject = EventData
    Dim Target As JavaObject = ContextMenuEvent.RunMethod("getTarget", Null)
    If Target Is Node Then
        Dim n As Node = Target
        Do While n.IsInitialized
            If GetType(n) = "javafx.scene.control.skin.TabPaneSkin$TabHeaderSkin" Then Return
            n = n.Parent
        Loop
    End If
    EventData.Consume
End Sub

Upvote 0

TelKel81

Licensed User
Resolved the issue by also handling MousePressed and MouseReleased events (of the imageview) and consuming them, preventing those events from propagating to the titledpane.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…