Android Question How to see the B4A logging record

yshzsl

Hi, hello everyone.
I am using B4A,I can connect to the phone to debugger program, but I don t know where to read the error log.
The computer shows that the log record is connected to the phone, then no other content is displayed.
Ask for help.Thanks

Solution
So I made a few times of experiment. This applies to HONOR and Huawei phones.

Here are my steps:
  1. As explained in this post, using dialer enter *#*#2846579#*#* to enter the ProjectMenu.
    1717440060563.png

2. Tap on "1. Background Settings"
  3. Tap "3. AP LOG Settings"
    1717441387343.png

4. Choose "Open" and close. (Do not restart your phone!)
  5. If you have rebooted your phone, you need to repeat these steps!
  6. Go to phone "Settings"
  7. Go to "System & updates"
  8. Go to "Developer options" (if this is not enabled, you need to go to "About phone" and tap on "Build number" a few times until "Developer mode" is enabled)
  9. Under DEBUGGING group, enable "USB debugging". A dialog will pop up ask you to "Allow USB debugging?", tap on OK...

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
The computer shows that the log record is connected to the phone, then no other content is displayed.
Yes - I sometimes get this if I have a coding error. If I immediately rerun (ie recompile and run the app unchanged) then I see the complete log including the previous failed run. I am running on a Pixel 4a. I don't know what the reason is.

You have, of course, set the "#BridgeLogger: True" attribute? - just checking.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

It worked for me once but it backed to the same problem after a while.

Edit: I try now. It works. It's annoying. It backed to same issue after rebooting the phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I made a few times of experiment. This applies to HONOR and Huawei phones.

Here are my steps:
  1. As explained in this post, using dialer enter *#*#2846579#*#* to enter the ProjectMenu.
    1717440060563.png

2. Tap on "1. Background Settings"
  3. Tap "3. AP LOG Settings"
    1717441387343.png

4. Choose "Open" and close. (Do not restart your phone!)
  5. If you have rebooted your phone, you need to repeat these steps!
  6. Go to phone "Settings"
  7. Go to "System & updates"
  8. Go to "Developer options" (if this is not enabled, you need to go to "About phone" and tap on "Build number" a few times until "Developer mode" is enabled)
  9. Under DEBUGGING group, enable "USB debugging". A dialog will pop up ask you to "Allow USB debugging?", tap on OK.
  10. Connect B4A with B4A-Bridge and compile your app as normal.
The "USB debugging" settings will turned off automatically when you don't "see" it. (Schrödinger’s cat? 😹)​
Whenever the logs are not showing again, repeat from step 6 to 10.​

Upvote 3
Solution