B4R Question IP address: "." vs. ","

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
192.168. .... vs 192,168,....
That had hurt me also while ago (months ago I found that out by myself, today Erel's help was needed):
The problem is that copying the address from the B4R log to the B4J IDE does not work.
In the log 192.168. ....is printed (dot as separator) whereas the IDE needs commata as separators 192,168,....
How come? Because of country-settings (".", ",") in Windows?

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
192.168. .... vs 192,168,....
That had hurt me also while ago (months ago I found that out by myself, today Erel's help was needed):
The problem is that copying the address from the B4R log to the B4J IDE does not work.
In the log 192.168. ....is printed (dot as separator) whereas the IDE needs commata as separators 192,168,....
How come? Because of country-settings (".", ",") in Windows?
The IP in B4R is provided as an array of byte, not as string:
B4X:
Private serverIp() As Byte = Array As Byte(192, 168, 0, 150)

Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
The IP in B4R is provided as an array of byte, not as string:
I see.
It would be handy to have it other way around since that task (entering the board's IP address) happens more than once. I have running (testing) about five of those ESP beasts....
Just got more:).
Work around might be to modify the log output of the board IP to get the right format.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be handy to have it other way around since that task (entering the board's IP address) happens more than once.
It is an array not a string. Array elements are separated with commas.

There is no special syntax to handle ip addresses (and there will never be one as it is not needed).

Upvote 0