Is it possible to store text via setup

TrisectDevelopment

Licensed User
Longtime User
On the iPhone I can set a value under setting and use it in my app.

Is this also possible under Basic4Android and how??

I need the user to set a email addresse and make the app send stuff to it.

Or is it possible to get the adress from the email account on the phone?

TrisectDevelopment

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that but I'm asking for a way to store a value outside the App.
And later use that value in the App.

My app need to send an e-mail to a user defined e-mail address.
And would rather not let them enter it in the App.

Upvote 0

TrisectDevelopment

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know!
Thats why I was asking if it is possible tol store a data variable outside the app. In settings!!!

So user of my App can enter settings, set an e-mail, and my App should then use this e-mail address.

But I guess its not possible!

Upvote 0

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know!
Thats why I was asking if it is possible tol store a data variable outside the app. In settings!!!

So user of my App can enter settings, set an e-mail, and my App should then use this e-mail address.

You can save all the settings you need in a text file that sits in your application folder. You could if you want save the settings in a SQLlite database stored on the Android device.

These methods can be pre populated with values by yourself and then packaged with the APK on the Android Market.

I personally store the user preference data in a map file and then other data such a searches, favorites etc in a SQLlite database.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know!

See the Files page in the B4A documentation Wiki. As has already been pointed out, you can store whatever data you want. If you are asking if Android has some sort of systems setting file that you can plug into, I think that the answer is no, but then it's just as easy to create your own file.

Upvote 0

TrisectDevelopment

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I want the users of my App to store an e-mail address under settings that can be used in my App.

But if thats not possible, I may have to let them do it in my App.

Upvote 0