Android Question Issue installing B4A

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed B4A on my son's computer (Win 10) and the libs tab on the IDE does not show? It is a new super fast computer as of last Jan... (yep, he is a gamer!)
Uninstalled it and re-installed in C:\Anywhere Software\B4A and same thing... no libs tab...

We also installed B4J and the libs tab DOES show on the IDE...
I suspect it does have the .net framework installed properly.

As a test, I installed it on a clean laptop and it works / behaves just fine...
+
Thanks for all suggestions...

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
The whole tab is missing or tab shows but empty?

If tab is missing try to reset Windows->Reset.

Tab might be hidden.

If tab is empty - did you check if the Library folder exists under C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries

If so - check if xml files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries folder.

About .NET - How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep, the libraries folder is there... The whole tab is missing...

You would think there would be an easier way to determine your .net framework installed and running... like:
dotnetframework -version

I wanted him to start with learning Turtle - then this issue.
He is 14 years old - need to get him off the games and support my dev apps. He has nothing but time these days - so let's make them productive.
He has the interest and aptitude...

If I can get him onto B4X, he won't need to confuse (frustrate) himself with the other "stuff" out there.
I know from many years of experience... One can accomplish much more with B4X in short order - without slitting ones wrists in total desperation....
Erel, and his many supporters make it sooooo easy...

Thanks

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User

You would think there would be an easier way to determine your .net framework installed and running... like:
dotnetframework -version

He is 14 years old - need to get him off the games and support my dev apps. He has nothing but time these days - so let's make them productive.

If I can get him onto B4X, he won't need to confuse (frustrate) himself with the other "stuff" out there.
I know from many years of experience... One can accomplish much more with B4X in short order - without slitting ones wrists in total desperation....

Thanks
He is 14 years old - need to get him off the games - No way:)

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User

dotnetframework -version

Thanks
If folder is there - what about xml files in this folder? If they are there - try to reset tabs in IDE by Windows->Reset. What happened if if you select Windows->Libraries Manager?

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will send this link to my son... He can try your suggestions.... Since I am not there to experience...

Upvote 0