Layout Files

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am creating a layout within a program that contains 700 labels and takes about 7 seconds to do on my phone. This is OK when the application starts, I can display a splash screen, but when rotated it needs to create it again.

The layout is obviously different for orientations and screen sizes, which the program takes account of. So I would need to create at least 6 variations for different devices.

Is there any way of saving the layout in a temporary file to be reloaded while running, or even better exporting the layout as a .bal file from within a program so I can build them separately?

Failing that, is the .bal file structure available so I can create them first?

Many Thanks.

Steve

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

I'm not at my PC at the moment, but will try drawing on a canvas when I get back. The layout is tabular with 11 rows of 33 boxes each box is one of two sizes. 16 of the boxes require offset text slightly higher or lower than the box, hence so many labels.

I'll post a screen shot if using the canvas doesn't help.

Steve

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Just to let you know that drawing on the canvas is a roaring success. Displaying as text got the display time down to about 2 seconds, and because I could then store the data in Global Arrays, it only gets initialized once at start and saves an extra second on orientation changes.

Many Thanks

Steve

Upvote 0